Friday, July 16, 2010

Essential Oils and Spider Bites

Summer time often brings people into contact with poisonous spiders. I cannot personally vouch for these essential oil spider bit remedies, however I would try them if the situation happened to me. I would also add Noni juice to any poultice I used. Sometimes having these types of tools in your healing tool box can be invaluable. This information is from Rainbow Forever Trust.

Artemis writes: This is a great series of testimonials that has come through from Nancy Sanderson's US newsletter - thank you Nancy!!! The Brown Recluse spider is very similar to our Australian white-tailed spider. Its bite causes necrosis (death) of the body's tissues, and can cause horrendous damage and disfiguration. So if I were bitten by a white-tailed spider, I'd follow a very similar regime to that which is successful for Brown Recluse spiders.

Nancy writes: This was sent to us from Frank Seeley and yes the pictures are hard to look at but you need to know how dangerous poisonous insect bites are. I was bitten by a brown recluse and this is what I did and I didn't go to the doctor but if it had gotten that bad I probably would have. Clint Walker (an Actor) explained why the bites are so dangerous. The spiders need to liquefy their food so they can drink it, and that is the job of the poison to start breaking down the tissue and liquefying it. If you don't get the poison out, it will keep on killing the tissue. This is why it is so important to use Purification to neutralize the poison.

This is the recipe I used for myself when I got bit by a brown recluse
Brown Recluse Spider Bite

1 drop lavender
1 drop helichrysum
1 drop melrose

Apply neat to bite, then add to an oatmeal poultice 5 drops each to draw out the poison. To make the poultice you use warm water and apply just enough to make it stick together and mix the oils in the oatmeal. Apply the poultice and wrap with gauze and leave on until it is drying out and change. After the poultice then apply Purification. This is what I did for myself when I was bitten. At the time I did not know that Purification would neutralize the poison and when it erupted for the third time I called Gary and he told me to use Purification on the bite and it cleared up. - Nancy Sanderson

Kathryn writes: Last week, my husband was bitten by a brown recluse spider. He went to the doctor, but in the meantime, I looked up the email that I received about the brown recluse spider bite. We followed the doctor's orders of placing a wet washcloth over the bite, then plastic wrap and then a heating pad on low, to be kept on all night. We added an oatmeal poultice saturated with Purification. After four days, it had progressed so much that we skipped all but applying Purification neat to the bite. The bite happend 11 days ago. There is a very small bump and some slight redness from the infection caused by the bite, but my husband didn't lose any tissue. I can't thank all of you enough for your testimonials.

Vivian writes: I must have walked into a spider one morning when walking through the basement to do laundry. I felt a sudden sting on my chin and rubbed it. By the time I got upstairs I had a red welt and 4 little holes in my chin. I immediately put the Purification oil blend on it and several hours later tried lavender. I just didn't feel like either one of these oils were quite right. Since I didn't know what I was dealing with I wasn't sure what to do. It still hurt, so a few hours later I tried Melrose and immediately it felt better. I put it on again before bedtime and a.m. and p.m. for 2 more days. It's gone!

Deborah writes: My five year old daughter was bitten on her shoulder by what I believe was a black widow spider. I grew up seeing many of them around were I lived for thirty years, but I had never known anyone to be bitten-until my daughter. There were fang marks accompanied by intense pain and a red cirlce of poison that I could see spreading across her shoulder. I had heard testimonies of oils for brown recluse spiders so I gave it a try. I put a few drops of Purification on the bite and the pain stopped. A few minutes later I checked it and the red circle had stopped spreading. I put on more Purfication. A few minutes later there was no change. The red circle remained the same. I then put on a few drops of lavender. Twenty minutes after the bite her skin was a normal color, smooth and beautiful. Except for the two fang holes, you could not tell that she had ever been bitten. Strange though that a couple of years later the mark of the fangs still remain. They look like two very small brown moles.

Loreen writes: When my grandson complained about something itching on his lower leg one day, I took a close look and saw what looked like an insect bite. It was very red and had a white spot in the middle. I decided it might be a spider bite from a brown-recluse spider. The lesion from a brown recluse spider bite is an irregular sinking patch with ragged edges and surrounding redness and maybe a white spot in the center, and that's what he had. Later the white spot became very dark.

I remember listening to one of Young Living's cassette tapes where Clint Walker describes how he used Basil to stop the skin eating venom from doing any more damage. It can become a deep wound that takes a long time to heal. I put some drops of Basil on the wound and covered it with a cloth bandage. We did this for just two days and it healed up beautifully. Now he just has a very tiny, indented spot on his leg where the bite was.

If you don't happen to have Young Living basil in your house at the time you discover this type of bite, you can also use fresh basil after making a poultice out of it and apply it to the wound and then cover with a some saran wrap and bandage tape. In my mind, this just proves how wonderful nature and the plant kingdom is.

No comments:

Post a Comment